Features of our PLM software
Audros's historic PLM solution
- Full Management of Product Structure (data and documents, items and derived BOMs)
- Lifecycle management (status, versions, revisions)
- Business view of information by profile
- Follow the exchange of documents
- Customizable data model (ModelShape tool)
- AUPL macro language (Audros Programing language)
- AWS: For consultation from an intranet or customizable business portal
- CAD connector: For the management of CAD data and files: AUTOCAD, CATIA V5, INVENTOR, ME 10, PRO/E, SOLID EDGE, SOLIDWORKS
- DocRouting: To manage and disseminate routing documents to the workshops (instruction sheets, tools, assembly instructions, drawings etc.)
- DocStar: For the automatic creation of Word ™, Excel ™ or OpenOffice templates
- eCatalog: For automatic generation of Product catalogs on the internet
- ERP Connect: To create an automatic link between design data and documents and your ERP-CAPM
- FlowBoard: For the management and monitoring of projects with a GANTT chart
- FlowNet: To design and automate processes (Workflow)
- FlowScan: To automate the classification of scanned documents
- FormaFlow: For creating HTML forms that can be associated with FlowNet
- ModiFlex: To plan and propagate policy changes in order to manage their impacts on the BOM
- Multi-sites: For file replication between remote sites
- PDF ToolBox: For the conversion of documents on the fly and generation of dynamic PDF templates
What is PLM?
PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) : Management solution for the lifecycle of products from idea to delivery.
The PLM is first and foremost an industrial enterprise policy that applies a set of solutions to ensure the collaborative creation, management, dissemination and utilization of product defined information. From the idea of the product to its placing on the market, the Product Lifecycle Management approach is used to integrate people, processes and information system applications into a common repository.
The term PLM, in short, refers to a software solution which a company can rely on to manage, the traffic, sharing and use of all information and data in the company, related to the product throughout its lifetime.
What are the features of a PLM project?
PLM ensures creation, structuring, management, dissemination, sharing and use of data and information relating to the product: documents, BOMs, items, specifications,…
The PLM project manages processes
The PLM is the platform for collaborative work
The PLM project manages projects and modifications
The PLM project manages documents
PLM provides a connector between CAD and ERP tools
What are the main objectives of a PLM project ?
- reduces the 'time to market' of new products
- aims to optimize and reduce product development costs
- ensures the increased efficiency of company resources
- assists in the capitalization company know-how
- improves the quality of the product
- removes the possibility of errors related to the re-entry and duplication of data
How to choose your PLM project?
The decision-making steps regarding the PLM project:
1. Identify the needs and objectives of the PLM project: understand the nature of your activities according to the complexity of the PLM system.
2. Identify the PLM project team
3. Determine the criteria to which the PLM system must meet (strategic criteria, technical, functional, and integration criteria)
4. Determine the cost of the PLM project
5. Select a provider and a PLM software which corresponds to your expectations
6. Make your PLM project!
The PLM project selection criteria:
- Your specialization / profession
- Your main needs (PDM, management of configurations/BOMs, Technical EDM, Workflow, project management etc.)
- Compatibility with ERP and CAD systems
- PLM expertise of the vendor
- Modularity of application deployment and a ROI by step
- Autonomy and independence from the provider